Sep 8, 2011

GOING UP THE MOUNTAINS

Last night, my good brothers- Gerald, Hon, Jay and I went up the prayer mountain which was about 20 minutes away from where I am staying. It was a long walk going up in the dark of the night, and without a single flashlight, we instead used our phones to light our way and find a place where we can spend a couple of hours to pray.
BAND OF BRADDAHS
I guess, it was something that God has planned. I have been so caught up with the circumstances that are surrounding me at the moment, and worries, discouragements, anxieties, sickness, and fears have swallowed up my faith. I have been intently looking at the storms but not the rainbows. I was so much focused on the "what if's" of life and to no avail have I held on to what was in sight.

Yes....I haven't prayed like I did in the mountains for a long time and that was I guess, what made me falter. Yet, God's grace always makes His way to lead me to breathe His presence again, to hold tight his promises that are so certain, and to make me see life, in the eyes of faith once more.


I left a lot of burdens in the mountains. Although it was not easy to climb the steep dark road leading up, yet the peace that comes along with the truth that GOD IS WITH ME was what I felt going down. The frustrations were replaced with serenity, faith took over my fears, and God's love calmed my distressed spirit.

And what more can I ask God for? When yesterday...yes...yesterday...I finally booked my ticket going home for Christmas.....


 "1Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good.
His love endures forever.
2Give thanks to the God of gods.
His love endures forever.
3Give thanks to the Lord of lords:
His love endures forever."
-Psalm 136:1-3 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment