Sep 12, 2011

WHAT SHAMCEY TAUGHT THE UNIVERSE ABOUT GOD

Now that the 60th Miss Universe has been crowned (Miss Angola), it is time to share what our country's pride, 3rd runner up, Shamcey Supsup, taught the whole universe about God.


Here's a transcript of the Q&A with Ms. Philippines...

Judge Vivica Fox: "Would you change your religious beliefs to marry the person that you love? Why or why not?"

Shamcey Supsup: "If I had to change my religious beliefs, I would not marry the person that I love. Because the first person that I love is God, who created me. I have my faith, my principles and this is what makes who I am. And if that person loves me, he should love my God, too."







Shamcey made the most of her time answering the judge's question by pointing the millions of people watching, to the Creator God. She made her faith a priority over and above everything. She taught us that God, who created the whole universe, should take his rightful place in all our decisions, and that our LOVE FOR GOD SHOULD TRANSCEND OUR LOVE FOR OUR FELLOWS, EVEN OUR LOVED ONES. What  a God-fearing response!!!


The question given to Shamcey was the toughest one for it involved faith issues which are very sensitive. To top that, her answer might have been unpopular and could have been seen as politically incorrect  especially in this postmodern culture. She could have compromised it to please and satisfy the agnostics, the atheists, the polytheists, and the postmoderns, but she stood up for what she believed in. She might have lost the crown because of her faith, but what gain would it be if she lost her faith because of the crown? Nonetheless, her crown in heaven will shine brighter as God gave her a great big smile after she echoed to the whole universe what matters most in life.


WAY TO GO SHAMCEY...You made not just the Filipinos, but more so, our God, so proud of you!!! Cheers!!!



***picture courtesy of Shamcey Supsup's facebook fan page***

2 comments:

  1. Perfect! This is such an inspiring blog! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can is... Shamcey is an epitome of a real modern Filipina; a woman of substance. In the hearts of million Filipino and in the eyes of billion people around the world she is the true Miss Universe.

    ReplyDelete