Sep 20, 2011

WHAT'S YOUR LIFE VERSE?


When I was in elementary, my classmates would usually ask me to sign their slambooks, and there would be a question about one's motto in life. Growing up, I have discovered that none of those mottos I answered stood the test of time since I totally forgot what I wrote. What keeps me going in life however for the last couple of years is Paul's statement in Acts 20:24, "I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace."


Since I got myself into theological training, I've always returned to Acts 20:21 to refocus my mind on the essentials of life and living and to remind me of my purpose in life.


A couple of my facebook page friends shared their life verses as well:


Jael Ong: Jer. 29:1 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


Cath Buban: Matt. 6:21 "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."


Myrene Remollo: Ps. 23 "The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing." (I only quoted verse 1) 


Indeed, God's word makes us see life in light of eternity. It keeps us grounded and leads us to move forward as we hang on to the living words of God. It cheers us up and makes us realize that on earth, everything is temporary in comparison to that which awaits us heavenward.


How about you? What is your life verse?

No comments:

Post a Comment