Sep 22, 2011

NO FOOD. NO FRIENDS.

I never thought that this would happen. This morning, an announcement from my dorm RA's "shocked" me (and I guess a bunch of others) saying that first, we can't bring our friends anymore in the dorms (for security reasons?), and second, we are not allowed to use the microwave and rice cooker (I'm not sure if the same goes for the toaster and the coffee maker) because of cockroaches(?). What cockroaches?! At least not in my room....


NO FOOD...
Stayin' in Korea for almost four years now, I will admit that I somehow still struggle with the food in the school cafeteria (ashamed of myself). I have adjusted somehow with the food here, but most often, I'd rather prepare my own food, stock 'em in the fridge and heat 'em up when I'm hungry. Some of my Filipino friends are generous enough to send me Pinoy dishes which help me "feel" at home. Yes, I'm one of those who do not usually eat at the 식당 (dining room) since most often, I could not stand the food served (my subjective thought), and I usually have my own time of eating. Now that a "new rule" is out, we have to go to the dining room if we need to heat up our food (except that noodles are still allowed. what?) and eat (there). So no more food in the dorm? It's been like that (at least) since I started residing here back in 2008 and never was there an issue at all, just reminders coming from previous RA's to clean up after we mess up. And really, this time that I cannot eat spicy food (as advised by the doctor), and since most Korean food are redish in color (meaning spicy as it could be), do I have to go down from the fifth floor to the B1 (basement level) of the building when I need to prepare my food? Pity me...but, give me some more logic????


NO FRIENDS...
So, my friends can't visit me in the dorms no more? security reasons? fine. BUT I NEED MORE EXPLANATION/S. Whatever happened in the dorms MUST be so crazy to have such a "new rule". And since there are a lot of residents here (mostly internationals), I think we deserve to know the reasons why (so we could be aware as well of the situation). And the fact that it applies even to the alumni doesn't make real sense to me. We have a rule not to let a none-dorm resident  sleep over in the dorm and I agree with that. BUT...not to allow our friends (and most of my friends graduated already last December), family (if and when they visit), pastors and churchmates, see where we live, and stay in the rooms for even an hour doesn't make sense to me (again, my subjective thought). How could this be possible?


WELL, FOR NOW...
I guess, I have to live with it (for now). I'm not sure until when I can bear this system but definitely I am not happy (just like with most of the dorm residents) with the way things are going. I was about to go to the library and do my stuff, yet, our supposed to be dorm early morning prayer bothered me today (sad), and so here you are reading my heart at mind. At least, I am entitled still to my own opinion and my blog is in the virtual world and is not covered by the system (thank goodness). I'll keep this updated if there will be a good news....a better one I hope.


NO FOOD. NO FRIENDS. But just like what a friend said a while back, I should not let the loss of (my) food and friends (in the dorm) snatch my happiness away....DITTO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment