Aug 29, 2011

"THE LORD'S FAVOR IS UPON ME!"


"THE LORD'S FAVOR IS UPON ME!"

My niece kept on repeating these words to herself as she strutted her stuff in the runway during the audition for the Philippine Fashion Week last Sunday. She had long dreamed of pursuing a modelling career, and at 20, she is slowly but surely fulfilling her aspirations. She excitedly shared with me, through an exchange of messages, her happiness to what I call, her baby steps towards finally realizing her dreams.


Mean, as we call her, is really tall, and to say that, at least, is an understatement. She didn't get the genes from either of her parents as none from both parties are "gifted" with the height that she has.


I remember her growing up years having those awkward moments in the church during Vacation Bible Schools when she sometimes complained about how tall she was. Some would even joke about it and how they did not even want to stand beside her. Yet, those seemingly "disadvantegeous" moments are now eclipsed by the fact that she is using her "gift of height" to fulfill her God-given dreams. (She stands at 5'11" or 180.34 cm.)


I wish her the best that life could offer.  As one proud uncle, I'm cheering for her in my prayers and she knows that I would love to see her succeed and be a "model" Christian as she catwalks her way in the modelling industry.



No comments:

Post a Comment